Anyway, Sister Mary N. Cook talked about being an example, an example in Faith and in purity. She talked about "living with both hands on the rod". This hit me hard. For a long time I was living with one hand on the rod and one hand off. I would go to church, but not really pay attention, pray sometimes, and only read what I needed to for classes from the Book of Mormon. I have now realized what a mistake this was. I am so grateful for the friends and family I have that have helped me realize this and have helped me to be better.
The second talk the hit me really hard was President Thomas S. Monson's talk about gratitude. I have a tendency to get a little upset if I do a lot for people without a thanks. Don't get me wrong, I don't just do things for others to get that feeling of being thanked and knowing I did something to help others, but it is nice to be thanked. This talk really opened my eyes and made me want to more grateful, all the time.
Oh, also, I got an amazing letter yesterday. I am so grateful for the priesthood and those amazing boys that sacrifice so much to bring the gospel into generations and generations of families.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you're thinking. You know you want to :)