Home     •     •     •     About     •     •     •     I Believe     •     •     •     Bucket List    

12.05.2011

inspiration.

i'm not going to lie...the last few weeks have been hard ones. many tragic things have happened to people i have once been close to and i have had things happen to me (not even nearly as bad) that have completely changed my perspective. life is short.
i haven't been blogging as much lately, for a few reasons. i don't want the whole world knowing my thoughts and feelings as much as i used to. well, i decided i might as well get them out somehow. i don't really share this with many people, but here it goes, i'm putting it out there.
i struggle with obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, and GAD(generalized anxiety disorder). i have my whole life. yes, i take medicine for it. and yes, i still have panic attacks. i shower 2 to 3 times a day, i wash my sheets once a week, i reorganize my room/bathroom every week, i get nervous and throw up sometimes, i don't sleep a whole lot, i worry about EVERYTHING and EVERYONE, i think way too much, and i'm sure i could go on about my many "quirks". i'm insecure about a lot of things. people tease me about this and some people think it is less of a big deal that it is, they don't understand the internal struggle that it can be. i wish people understood how much the things they say really stick with people.

now, watch this and be inspired.


okay, the point of this rant isn't about me. i just wish people realized how much they truly make a difference in people lives with things they say, and by their actions. some don't realize how much they really DON'T know about others. be aware.

 Doctrine and Covenants 59:23: “But learn that he who doeth the works of righteousness shall receive his reward, even peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come.”

2 comments:

  1. Elise, You are amazing!! It's not easy dealing with things like that. :) Just remember that you're the daughter of the most exalted being in the universe. Pretty sweet, eh?? :) You're the best. And so is your blog. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you tied a gospel perspective on it! Did you know I have some anxiety too? While I don't have a disorder, it is still not something fun to deal with. I had my first anxiety attack recently and it was absolutely one of the worst days of my life. I am so sorry you have to go through that. It just sucks! I get nervous and throw up too, by the way! ah i hate it! And I love this video. It's a good reminder that it's so important to be kind. I think people sometimes look at people as things and forget that they have feelings.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking. You know you want to :)