"Sometimes goodbye is a second chance. Here is my chance, this is my chance."
--Shinedown
therapy =
--Shinedown
therapy =
...listening to endless amounts of sad songs and not feeling guilty.
...crying my eyes out until they sting.
...chopping off all my hair because you loved it so much.
...deleting every picture of you that i have.
...thinking of memories just as memories, no more wishing those days were back.
...remembering those bad feelings, making sure i don't feel that way again.
...allowing time to finally let everything go.
...eating ice cream.
...eating ice cream.
...endless amounts of cleaning.
...thinking about those who i have in my life that truly care about me.
yes, i am sitting in front of heater eating ice cream, and no, ice cream is not on my diet. don't judge.
finding everything out now.
i won't regret any of this.
no more wearing my heart on my sleeve.
so. much. relief.
in the words of Gary Allan:
"It’s been a long road and a million tears
I’m movin slow but I’m movin on
The sweetest memories still remain
The laughter we had and the love that we made
Every night I go to bed alone
With no regrets
And piece of mind
Lived so much in so little time
I’m so glad when he was here
He was mine
From the day we met
To the night he left
I loved him
No regrets
I’m movin slow but I’m movin on
The sweetest memories still remain
The laughter we had and the love that we made
Every night I go to bed alone
With no regrets
And piece of mind
Lived so much in so little time
I’m so glad when he was here
He was mine
From the day we met
To the night he left
I loved him
No regrets
Well time and fate can't be controlled
You play the hand that you’re dealt
And the dice that you rolled
And who am I to question God anyway
Well these days when I look back
I know I’m blessed have been loved like that
I still miss him everyday"
You play the hand that you’re dealt
And the dice that you rolled
And who am I to question God anyway
Well these days when I look back
I know I’m blessed have been loved like that
I still miss him everyday"

Sara, if you need to talk, don't hesitate. What's going on? I hope your ice cream and heater. Don't worry--therapeutic ice cream doesn't have any calories (I know, just ask Jeff how much ice cream I've eaten this week.)
ReplyDeleteLove you. Know that you wonderful and amazing and like dad says, "Life sucks, but it will all work out."
P.S. I'm super excited to go shopping tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteGirl, I think we need to hang out. Let's face it...we both know we both need it. Haha I hope you're doing alright though. Let me know if you need anything or if you want to talk! Love ya.
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate to this. Just like everyone else has offered, I'm here for you. We can talk on the phone, IM, text whatever. I hate to hear a friend of mine be sad over some dumb boy, you pretty much brought me to tears. The right boy will come to you in it's own time. If there's anything that has helped me in moments like this it has been shopping. Also, lean on the Lord he will give you the peace you need. It's ok to be sad at times but just remember that we're here for you.
ReplyDelete