well, yesterday was quite the exciting day.
it all started with lunch with my sisters and niece. taco time. delicious.
then chiropractor appointment, which was good and made me feel pretty good...until that silly little pain in the bottom right side of stomach started. i didn't think much of it, just maybe a pulled muscle from the chiropractor, but then it didn't go away. i was in tears. something wasn't right. off to community care i went, after a blood test, and poking around on my stomach it was decided that i meet up with a surgeon.
appendicitis was the diagnosis, 30 minutes later i was at the hospital prepping for surgery. a few minutes later (after some pain medicine) my throat started closing up and a rash had formed. an allergic reaction thanks to those pain meds, they gave me some benedryl, and started surgery. a couple hours later i woke up in recovery. a couple hours later i was in my room, relaxing, sipping on apple juice, eating ice, and saying silly things thanks to that beautiful pain medicine, that i wasn't allergic to.
today i am sitting in my hospital bed, appendix-less, hoping to head home in the next few hours. who needs an appendix anyway?
That is scary! I am glad you are ok, but Gosh why does that appendix have to burst!! Last November, I had similar pain in that area and it wouldn't go away either. Then I went to the ER and actually had gallstones. They gave me medicine, but it wasn't an emergency so I didn't get them taken out! I kinda wish it was my appendix, oh well!!
ReplyDeleteeekk! that sounds horrible :( i'm glad they managed to find the problem straight away!
ReplyDeleteall that glitters.x
4 words elise.
ReplyDeletejealous. of. taco. time.
seriously! all i have are frozen dinners here! help me out! :)
thestyleprojects.blogspot.com