Home     •     •     •     About     •     •     •     I Believe     •     •     •     Bucket List    

5.18.2011

what I needed to hear today...

I have been struggling. life is hard sometimes, okay most of the time. 
after a few trials the last couple of months, many tears, and a few breakdowns I finally decided that I need to sort everything out. take a break from everything and figure out what I need to do. 

I had a nice long conversation with my beautiful sister and I barely mentioned anything about what I was feeling, but she knew just what to tell me. she told me about a talk she read by President Gordon B. Hinckley , How Can I Become the Woman of Whom I Dream?. immediately following the conversation I found it and read it. AMAZING. and again, exactly what I needed to hear. 
here is one of my favorite parts from it:
"There is not anything that you cannot do if you will set your mind to it. You can include in the dream of the woman you would like to be a picture of one qualified to serve society and make a significant contribution to the world of which she will be a part. For you, the sky is the limit. You can be excellent in every way. You can be first class. Respect yourself. Do not feel sorry for yourself. Do not dwell on unkind things others may say about you. Particularly, pay no attention to what some boy might say to demean you. Polish and refine whatever talents the Lord has given you. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life and look for its opportunities, and forever and always be loyal to the Church."

life is hard. no doubt about it. I am at a point in my life where I am making huge decisions, who I spend my time with now will affect who I am, and I need to be aware of that. I seriously love my life, no matter how hard it is. I have an amazing family, and amazing friends that do their best to support me. I am so blessed.

2 comments:

  1. goodness i love & miss that man. thank you for sharing that part of his talk. thank you for reminding me to be happy with who i am and continue to work towards a better me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elise, I love you. I'm glad you enjoyed the talk. You are so awesome and you will become the woman of whom you dream!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking. You know you want to :)